The Parish Growth Framework
Building Block: Resource Churches
Strategic Goal: Pilot the resource church model with 8-10 strategically-located parishes.
Timeline of progress
- The Resource Churches project was approved by the Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission, Diocesan Council and Synod in 2019. The project was proposed as a four-year pilot running until the end of 2022.
- Churches were recruited and announced towards the end of 2019, and Resource Church leaders began meeting as part of a learning community. The Resource Church project was largely on hold during 2020 while churches adapted to the COVID-19 environment.
- The first phase of the project is focused on building the capacity of Resource Churches and their leaders.
- Specialists have been appointed as park of the Resource Churches project. These specialists are:
- Bishop Daniel Abot — Ethnic congregations, Parishes and Other Mission Agencies CommissionThe Rev’d Daniel Hobbs — Mission planning and implementation and Lay ministry and leadership development, St John’s Cathedral
- Dale Lennon — Youth and children’s ministry and digital ministry, Robina Anglican Church
- Betrys Lowe — Youth and children’s ministry, St Bart’s Toowoomba
- Michelle McDonald — Communications and community engagement, Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commision
- Bowen Miller — Communications and digital ministry, Robina Anglican Church
- Amy Norman — Faith formation and discipleship, St Bart’s Toowoomba
- Mary-Anne Rulfs — Community engagement (mission and evangelism), Robina Anglican Church
- Resource Church leaders and specialists meet regularly.
- The larger Resource Churches have been providing various resources to other churches.