Thank you to all those who are serving God and their local church community in a parish administrative role. Parish administrative staff play a vital (and often behind-the-scenes) role in the daily operations and smooth running of a parish.
Administrative staff often undertake a wide range of duties including assisting the Parish Priest and members of Parish Council, office management, communications, initial point of contact, volunteer coordination and mobilisation, and much, much more.
Administrative staff should be familiar with the following information:
- The Diocesan Handbook
- Faithfulness in Service: A national code for personal behaviour and the practice of pastoral ministry by clergy and church workers
- Policies and procedures for safe ministry to children
- Child protection training requirements
- Qualification, credentialing and character check requirements for recruiting clergy, employees and volunteers
- Policies and procedures for work health and safety