Thank you to all those who are serving God and their local church community through the Office of Parish Councillor. The role of Parish Councillor is a position of significant responsibility and leadership in a parish.
Parish operational information and resources, including policies, canons, handbooks, procedures and forms are located on the ARC (ACSQ intranet). Parish Councillors can access the ARC through the ‘Parish Council Team’ managed by their parish office. See more about accessing the ARC.
Parish Councillors should be familiar with the following reference materials and information. Most of these documents are published on the ARC (see accessing the ARC).
- The Diocesan Handbook
- Faithfulness in Service: A national code for personal behaviour and the practice of pastoral ministry by clergy and church workers
- Policies and procedures for safe ministry to children
- Child protection policy training
- Qualification, credentialing and character check requirements and screening for clergy, employees and volunteers
- Policies and procedures for work health and safety