Thank you to all those who are serving God and their local church community through the Office of Parish Councillor. The role of Parish Councillor is a position of significant responsibility and leadership in a parish.
Parish Councillors should be familiar with the following information:
- The Diocesan Handbook
- Faithfulness in Service: A national code for personal behaviour and the practice of pastoral ministry by clergy and church workers
- Policies and procedures for safe ministry to children
- Child protection training requirements
- Qualification, credentialing and character check requirements for recruiting clergy, employees and volunteers
- Policies and procedures for work health and safety