The Parish Growth Framework
Building Block: Specialist Ministry
Strategic Goal: Develop flexible approaches to specialist ministry including ministry internships and role decentralisation.
Timeline of progress
- A survey has been developed to capture a snapshot of specialist ministries in the Diocese.
- A draft policy to support wider uptake of interns across the Diocese was considered by the PMC in April 2022.
Specialist ministry survey
Our Diocese is blessed to have a number of people, lay and ordained, paid and volunteer, who have specialised skills and who serve their parish in their area/s of specialty.
To better support and connect those who are serving in specialist ministries, the Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission is seeking to capture a snapshot of specialist ministers in our Diocese through an online survey.
The survey is intended for any lay or ordained person who leads a specific parish ministry area in a paid or voluntary capacity. For example, a person who leads others in one of the areas listed below.
Please assist by forwarding a link to this webpage to any specialist ministry leaders in your parish, asking them to complete the survey.
Examples of specialist ministry areas
- children’s ministry
- community engagement and outreach
- discipleship (faith development)
- digital / technology / livestreaming / web
- newcomer welcome and inclusion
- pastoral care / visiting
- families ministry
- liturgy and worship
- marketing and communications
- men’s ministry
- service projects
- women’s ministry
- young adult ministry
- youth ministry
- aged care
- business management