Thursday 8 September 2022
12.30–2 pm, via Zoom
Learn about the benefits of collaboration and explore different ways parishes can collaborate with other parishes and organisations to enhance mission. Get insights and ideas from three parish leaders as they answer questions and share their approaches to collaboration.
Part 1: Collaboration — an overview
Led by Stephen Harrison, Executive Director, Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission
- What is collaboration?
- What might collaboration look like? (including levels of collaboration and stories from around the Diocese)
- Benefits of collaboration
- Group discussion and identification of opportunities for collaboration
Part 2: Stories of collaboration
Led by Michael Stalley from The Parish of Mt Gravatt; Chris Bate from The Parish of Booval; and, Sue Grimmett from The Parish of Indooroopilly; with Stephen Harrison from the Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission
- Case studies of parish collaboration
- Question and answer session
Part 3: Strategies for collaborative decision-making
Led by Tim Booth, Ministry Development Officer, Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission
- Collaborative decision-making processes:
- Talking Circles
- Open Space
- Appreciative Enquiry
- Story Harvesting
- Developing relationships of trust
This is a free seminar suitable for clergy and lay people from parishes or other mission organisations.
For event enquiries, please contact the Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission: phone 3835 2285 or email [email protected].