Clergy Retreat 2021
'Treasure and Heart'
5–9 July 2021
Santa Teresa Spirituality Centre, 267 Wellington Street, Ormiston
Retreat leader: Bishop Doug Stevens, Diocese of Brisbane
Using Luke 2:19 and 12:34 as a starting point, hunt for your treasure/heart in your following of Jesus.
“Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart.“ Luke 2:19
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Luke 12:34
The retreat will be silent but with conversation times at lunch and dinner for those who feel more comfortable being able to chat occasionally.
The program will include:
- a focus on listening to scripture and praying each day through morning, midday, evening and late night prayer.
- one eucharist at the conclusion of the retreat on Friday morning.
- a theme-introduction address on Monday evening after dinner, then two addresses each day at morning and evening prayer.
- The critical need to identify your treasure/heart.
- Your treasure/heart in the scriptures.
- Your treasure/heart in theology.
- Your treasure/heart in the Church.
- Your treasure/heart in ministry.
- Your treasure/heart is your tradition.
Arrival and departure
The retreat will commence on Monday afternoon with arrival from 2 pm and pre-dinner drinks at 5.30 pm. The retreat will conclude on Friday morning after breakfast.
$690 (includes four nights’ accommodation in own room with ensuite, and all meals).
Please contact Belinda Macarthur: email email@example.com or phone (07) 3835 2284.
About the retreat leader
Doug Stevens retired a year ago from full-time ministry. Prior to that he served as a parish priest in the Dioceses of Newcastle, Grafton and Brisbane and Bishop of Riverina. He also served as Diocesan education officer in Grafton, co-chair of the national Anglican/Roman Catholic theological dialogue and taught theology at St John’s College Morpeth and St Francis College Brisbane. He has always had a keen interest in the breadth and rich diversity of God’s Church and so has been involved ecumenically wherever he has served.
Bishop Doug Stevens